Mar 2, 2012

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!

I love Dr. Seuss, I love his rhythmic books and the oh so imaginative pictures and colors; I also love coming across his brilliant quotes and hearing about his story.

For this one, I once again, googled up some images and tried to figure out which would be easier to cut out! I believe the Lorax just came out so the image was everywhere, and it did seem fairly easy. I cut out the paper and used it as a pattern to cut out the cheeses, nori for hair, flax seed eyes.  The apple was more tricky than I anticipated with the stripes and trying to make it even but I think one can still tell it's a Cat in the Hat hat? Radish and asparagus trees!



A few months ago we were at a clothing swap and my oldest found these shoes in her size, a perfect day to wear these awesome Dr. Seuss shoes! 



Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss! 


No comments:

Post a Comment