May 4, 2012

May the 4th Be With You

Happy Star Wars Day!

In preparation for today's lunch, I tried to find a good Yoda image that I could make into a silhouette that would still look like Yoda. Well, I don't think I did a very good job at that...


Last night I printed out the Yoda and cut the image and the nori out with scissors, and cut some details out with the exacto knife. My son came downstairs for a bed time snack and he wondered why I was making Yoda for lunch. I said "you know how today is May the 3rd?" he said yes. I said, "well, tomorrow is May the 4th". I waited to see if he would get it on his own and I saw the little light bulb turn on. He laughed and laughed and thought that was the best thing ever. "May the 4th! May the 4th!". It was pretty funny. 

This morning I made some white rice and wanted to keep it white, so I just added coconut oil and garlic salt. I placed my nori Yoda on the warm rice and it kind of shriveled up but I liked the look and that the wrinkles in his head were showing. Carrot for the light saber. 

So, he doesn't really look like Yoda at all. He's a little too tall, dark and has an orange light saber. 

I downloaded a Star Wars font for this note. 

I guess he does look a little evil for Yoda. So really... wait, it's not Yoda at all. I'm calling this a Sith Lord. Yes, that's what I'll do. 

 And as my son told me this morning "Yoda is much wiser than you think he is, Mom". 




No comments:

Post a Comment