Feb 6, 2012

Cherry Vanilla

This may seem weird (or not, how about you?) but I have never bought canned cherries before. Again, I was scoping the aisles for things my kids could have, things that were pink or red, but without the food dye. I was also getting a bit bored with our standards and wanted to find something a little different anyway.

Well, unbeknownst to me, they come in different varieties of tartness so the kids weren't very happy about the actual cherries... but I did mix the juice in with some gluten free vanilla and the rice for a cherry vanilla flavor, which they did seem to like. I used my flower rice mold to make them into flowers, topped with a little cherry. The rest of the can of cherries went into a smoothie where their tartness was fortunately somewhat diminished.


No comments:

Post a Comment